Monday, 8 April 2013

super easy dairy and flour free brownies

So after crashing down from the sugar high of the super simple, super sugary flourless chocolate cookies. I came to and figured it might be time for some thoughtful food.

I have seen black bean brownies, and chickpea brownies, I bet they taste delicious, but legumes and me- we're not good friends. Sure they pretend to like me and I have a good go too, but when it comes to long term relationships- we just don't work (digestive wise).

I saw Nigella had some flourless brownies, I was ready to go. They looked great. However I have made it a mission of mine to not use almond meal or nut meals. Dadda just does not like the texture, and if it doesn't pass the Dadda test, well it just doesn't cut it.

Martha Stewart had some too, and they looked great, but so many steps. I really did not have the patience when it cam to making these. I wanted something simple, something accessible, something my brothers could easily make!

Then I found this recipe, it was almost exactly what I was looking for, so with a few changes, I had delicious brownies in a flash!


Super Easy Flourless Chocolate Brownies


twolicious, theGFCookie, gluten free flourless brownies
who could refuse such a tempting treat?


1 + 1/2 cup coconut sugar (use brown sugar if you don't have coconut sugar)
180g coconut oil (as it's a solid, it's easier to weigh)
4 large eggs

2 teaspoons vanilla
140g or 1 1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped nuts or more chocolate if you'd like to be nut free (I had cashews on hand).

  1. Preheat the oven to 180*C or 350*F.
  2. Line an 8x8 inch square baking pan.
  3. Place sugar and oil into the bowl of your stand mixer and beat until well combined (you can easily use a hand mixer and the biggest bowl you can find!).
  4. Pop the eggs in (I like to do it one at a time) and combine completely.
  5. Next is the vanilla. Mix until combined and a bit fluffy, about 3 minutes.
  6. Add the salt and cocoa and blend until smooth.
  7. Fold in the chocolate and nuts.
  8. Pour into prepared pan and bake about 25 minutes. until glossy on top and when you shake the pan it no longer jiggles in the middle (if it still jiggles give it another 5).

No comments:

Post a Comment