Thursday, 25 April 2013

ANZAC Day

It was this day last year that we rose before the sun.
We rugged up our babes, and made our way to the war memorial.
It was one of the most beautiful sunrises I have ever witnessed. Not because of the sun, but because of where we were, who we were with and what it was all about.

Flying at halfmast in their Honour
Now I really wanted this post to be like our minutes silence today, so I will share some photos we took on that day.
War memorial Canberra

And as I said last year, this always brings tears to my eyes, I cannot help it, it is the day to remember those who would go to protect our little families with their lives. It is our History.
Thousands of Poppies placed at the names of those whose served

Lest we forget
 
I still can't get this upright. This is our little guy checking out his great Pop's medals


The tomb of the unknown soldier


Pool of Reflection



2 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful memorial. The wall with all the poppies is just amazing. Lest we forget.
    Marian

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, such still beauty. I'd love to show if you ever come to Australia :)

    ReplyDelete