Thursday, 14 June 2012

Markets and new brown boots- or red?

 So on Saturday was our second market and boy was it frosty!

And I mean so frosty that no one got out of bed 'till 11am! So frosty that the grass was ice, so frosty that I didn't have feeling in my toes until 11:30-Seriously! But that's what it's all about- the whole experience.

Our stall is right next to an organic veggie stall, and they are usually half packed up by the time 11:30 rolls around, well not on Saturday. At first I thought I saw a few people here and there, going to get their coffee (which is the most delightful smell ever!), but now when I think back, they were probably just stall holders getting their coffees...

Sadly a photo from last time, each time I went to take photos, I was distracted by customer conversation- I suppose that is good and bad


Well when 11am hit it was like a swarm of bees, there were people everywhere, buzzing here and there tasting my treats with their fresh coffee, getting their goodies from the market.

Note to self, make the samples smaller!!

I also had a lot of calls at this time, Darling Dada was taking care of our babies, and it seems that Bunny's feet had grown since Wednesday. Dada could not find a pair of shoes to fit her, he was calling me to ask where her shoes were, in the end he was able to pop her feet in her sandals, and packed her gumboots for outside play (it's still quite muddy out).

So this meant that new shoes were on the list this week, I have actually been looking for some winter shoes for her for a little while and just not been satisfied with the options.

Sometimes I just need a push.

So after playgroup daddy wrote saying could we pick up a drink and a snack for him. We all had a nice lunch with Dada (the whole time Bunny sat on Dada's lap, ate his lunch and then snuggled- super cute), Brother Bear sat on my lap eating his avocado baby bento.
We headed back into Bowral afterwards. They have a Rivers and Target Country there, but neither had shoes her size. I did see the little kids shoes shop had 25% off and decided to go inside.

Well you should have seen the range, and if I had $120 in my budget for toddlers shoes I would have tried these awesome cowboy- well cowgirl boots on her....sadly that is far from our shoe budget.

Toddler Western Boot - Brown D
One not unlike this adorable one, and this would so go with everything!

The gorgeous lady in the store sized Bunny's foot, and we looked at the options inside. But I had my eye on this sweet little brown boot on the table out front. They fit perfect with a little room left for growing, I was very happy, but starting at $65.... then at 25% off, $48.20, I was still unsure.
The other shoe was brought out from the box, and it was found that the shoes were actually supposed to be red! A beautiful bright red. So with one boot red, and the other faded to a sweet brown, they were further reduced on the spot to $25, I couldn't resist.
Red and                       Brown...

And you tell me, are these sweet or what?

I kinda want some in my size- is that bad?

And she loves them, and they are a perfect fit, what more could I have asked for in a pinch!

No comments:

Post a Comment